What is a Forensic Accountant?
Forensic Accountants work like crime scene investigators. They look past the numbers, looking for clues andinvestigating the character of suspected employees and divorcing spouses, in order to uncover financial schemes. After gathering the evidence, a Forensic Accountant prepares a report to assist the attorneys and maybe asked to testify in court.
What are the different types of Forensic Accounting engagements?
- Divorce and Matrimonial matters
- Employee Fraud Examinations
- Expert Testimony & Trial Preparation
- Asset Tracing & Net Worth Statements
- Shareholder Litigation
Is your employee stealing?
- A typical company loses $160,000 / year!
- Nearly 25% of employee frauds involve losses of at least $1 million per year!
How can a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) protect your company?
- Investigate allegations of employee fraud
- Assess the fraud risks faced by your company
- Recommend and implement strong anti-fraud internal controls